How to Make the Most of Your Annual Physical
When ‘the doctor is ready to see you now’…are you prepared to make the most of every minute at your annual physical? Dr. Reedy has created a packet of information, below, that details how you can plan ahead for this vital visit and set the stage for a year of wellness.
Inside the packet, you’ll learn:
- What to bring with you
- Questions to ask during the visit
- What a thorough physical exam includes
- What should happen afterwards
CHECKLIST FOR PHYSICAL EXAM
Review and bring Dr. Reedy’s checklist along with you to your annual physical visit.
- Current medications, including vitamins and herbal supplements.
- Changes to your medical record since your last visit – any new test results, new specialists you have seen.
- Changes you’ve noted since your last visit – lumps or skin changes, pain, dizziness, fatigue, eating habits.
- Family health history – any new conditions or diseases that have occurred in your close relatives since your last visit.
- Alternative therapies you have received since your last visit.
- Concerns about emotional health – depression, anxiety, sleeping problems.
- Any measurements your doctor has asked you to keep track of – blood pressure, blood sugar or daily weight readings.
- Screenings or vaccinations needed based on your personal situation.
- Future health issues – infertility treatment, weight loss.
- A notebook and pen to take notes during your visit.